SMA Sunny Island 3.0M/ 4.4M
The custom-fit solution for small on-grid and off-grid solutions
The Sunny Island 3.0M is the perfect product solution for stand-alone and grid-connected systems with a power output range of 2 to 13 kW.
Furthermore, being a core element in the SMA Flexible Storage System, the Sunny Island stores generated solar power and works with the Sunny Home Manager to manage home energy consumption intelligently.
With its high protection class, wide temperature range and overload capacity, the Sunny Island provides the kind of reliability needed for off-grid use. The intelligent load and energy management ensures operation even in critical situations, such as in the event of high inrush currents or harsh ambient conditions.
The Sunny Island offers flexibility in terms of combination with other equipment, which means that the system can be configured precisely to meet the applicable power requirements.
- Choice of battery: The Sunny Island is compatible with many well-known brands of lithium-ion battery and all lead-acid batteries.
- For new and existing PV systems
- Can be retrofitted for single- and three-phase systems
In the SMA Smart Home, the Sunny Home Manager, with the Sunny Island, takes control of intelligent management between the PV system, appliances and storage systems as well as regulates all energy flows.
- Comprehensive visualization in the Sunny Portal
- Forecast-based charging
- Simple planning by using planning guidelines and Sunny Design
The Sunny Island is impervious to fine desert sand, high humidity in rainforests and salty mist in coastal regions as well as significant temperature fluctuations. It runs reliably under the most extreme conditions—without compromising its efficiency.
- Outdoor installation possible thanks to IP 54
- Wide temperature range
- Can switch any appliance on